Long Island Center for Divorce Mediation
75 Prospect St., Suite 103
The Long Island Center for Divorce Mediation, Huntington, NY: At the Long Island Center, (25 years old), our expert Long Island divorce mediators insure that you and your spouse successfully navigate your divorce agreements – in less time, with less stress and less cos than litigation.
Divorce Mediation Huntington Office Services
At our Huntington Offices, our Divorce Mediators:
- First meet with you in a Free Consultation or First Session. We explain the process, your rights, and how we will proceed.
- Once you and your Spouse are ready to mediate, you start coming in for mediation sessions at your own pace. We help you come to agreement on such issues as child support, child custody, property and other financial assets, the house, pensions, insurance and the IRS.
- When you are satisfied with your agreements, our highly experienced divorce lawyer writes up the Stipulation of Settlement, the agreement or contract between you. You edit.
- Meanwhile, Fred develops the divorce packet, a set of legal documents to go to the Courts.
- When both the Stipulation of Settlement and the Divorce Packet are ready, they are submitted to the Courts.
- Once the Judge signs your paperwork, you are legally divorced.
(Note: We have opened a second mediation office at Yaphank, NY, right off exit 68 of the Expressway if you are closer to that location. Call 631-757-1554 for answers and an appointment.)
Other Services Provided by Long Island Center for Divorce Mediation Huntington, NY
- QDROS – Pensions to be split fall need Qualified Domestic Relations Orders. Fred Klarer, our lawyer, can do that highly technical work for you at the Long Island Center.
- Wills – Fred can prepare new Wills for you and your Spouse.
- Divorce and Post-Divorce Counseling for Individuals and Couples – Dr. Diane Kramer, mediator and partner at the Center, is a psychologist with expertise in the areas of couple and individual counseling. Diane can help you start over or smooth the relationship between you and your ex, if you so desire.
- Co-Parenting Counseling – Diane can meet with you and your Spouse to guide you through the best ways of dealing with your children regarding telling them about the divorce. She can also meet with the children. She is excellent at Post-Divorce Co-Parenting guidance. She is a highly trained marriage and family therapist.