214 Vanderbilt Loop
Avoid the grief, delays, and expense
of contested divorce
Suffolk County, Long Island, NY
75 Prospect St., Suite 103
Huntington, NY 11768
Long Island, Suffolk County
Services Offered At the Center for Divorce Mediation Long Island
We help you move quickly, safely and inexpensively through the divorce process. Our expertise is in calming the situation while finding the best solutions for your children, your property and your finances.
Our Services at the Center for Divorce Mediation Long Island include:
- Free Consultation so you can find out your rights and decide if we are right for you.
- Divorce Mediation Sessions – our average is 2, unlike most Divorce Mediators
- All legal paperwork – Agreements and final divorce papers (Divorce Packet)
- All filing of legal papers for your Divorce
- QDROs (Qualified Domestic Relations Order) – mandated way to divide up pensions, if required
- Deed Transfer, if you sell the house
- New Wills
- Family Court Matters
- Paperwork done for Divorce Mediators who are not lawyers
- Legal Agreements reviewed
- Divorce Counseling
- Co-Parenting Counseling
Divorce Mediation Long Island | Serving Suffolk and Nassau County
In Yaphank, serving Riverhead Area and East End – Yaphank, Riverhead, Wading River, Shoreham, Shirley, Moriches, Miller Place, Mount Sinai, Middle Island, Ridge, Coram, Jamesport, Hampton Bays, Moriches, Flanders, Eastport, Remsenberg, Speonk, Westhampton, Mattituck, Peconic, Aquebogue, Calverton and surrounding areas.
In Huntington, serving Western Suffolk and Nassau Areas – Huntington, Smithtown, Cold Spring Harbor, Commack, Northport, East Northport, Centerport, Elwoood, Plainview, Woodbury, Bayshore, Babylon, Islip, Amityville, Farmingdale, Melville, East Norwich, Deer Park, Kings Park and surrounding areas.
We pride ourselves on completing most Divorce Mediation cases in two sessions. More difficult situations, with a lot of conflict, almost always take no more than four. Call for a free consultation and learn how we do this – 631-757-1553.
Steps of Divorce Mediation; Long Island Center
At the Long Island Center, we lead you through a highly organized mediation process, to move efficiently and calmly as possible to solutions that work. The Steps of our Divorce Mediation Process include:
- Come to a Free Consultation and learn your rights – 631-757-1553.
- Decide with your Spouse to divorce via mediation at the Center for Divorce Mediation Long Island rather than going to the expense and aggravation of separate lawyers.
- Fill out preliminary paperwork sent to you called our Decision-List.
- Gather any asked-for financial and information documents for first session of Mediation.
- Come to Divorce Mediation Sessions. You will be led through deciding on the following issues by our expert divorce mediators:
- Child Support and Custody
- Property and Financial Asset Distribution including houses, cars, boats and other real property, debt, bank accounts, stocks, pensions and other retirement accounts.
- Spousal Maintenance
- Wills and Life Insurance
- Complete Divorce Mediation Sessions. Give Mediator/Lawyer (Fred Klarer) the go ahead to draw up Stipulation of Settlement – your legal contract containing your Agreements mediated during the sessions.
- Check Stipulation of Settlement and communicate about changes. Set up additional sessions as necessary to agree on changes.
- Give Mediator/Lawyer go ahead to prepare Divorce Packet.
- Sign all papers to be submitted to Court.
- Wait for Judge to sign papers (3-5 months). Then you are legally divorced.